16 Oct 2024 12:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2007 21:59:25
Message: <4753710d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>>>   How could it not be context-dependent?
>
>> I dunno. Maybe because HE'S GOD!?  ;-)
>
>   I honestly don't understand. Because the one who sends the message is God,
> then there cannot be context of the message anylonger?

No. Because the one who sends the message is God, the message should be
understandable to anyone alive. Especially when there are only two
people alive.

You haven't explained to me what context there was in the garden of eden
that wasn't taken into account.

> Because the one who
> sends the message is God it should be possible to rip off a few words of
> the message and still maintain the whole meaning of the message?

What "few words"?  What context do you think "thou shalt not kill" has
that isn't embodied in the old testament?

>   You can't rip off a few words of a long message and expect it to
> preserve its meaning. It's just impossible.

So explain the "long message" of the ten commandments to me?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it